Friday, August 31, 2012

Pulled Thread - Square #4

Last week we snuck away for 5 days.   I had so many stitching plans, but somehow found very little time for stitching.  I was hoping to work on and finish all my pulled thread squares for the biscornu and sampler, but all I managed was to finish my "Stitch for a Cure" needlepoint pilllow.  It was pretty much done, all I had left to do was to backstitch the words.  What can I say - the weather and company was great.



We relaxed by the lake and
 I swam everyday



We played cards.  Phase 10 being my mom's favourite.







                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            In the evenings we sat by the campfire and roasted marshmellows.
  But it was not all fun and games.  On Friday we had a bush cord of firewood delivered. 
It was all hands on deck to bring the wood over the lake; about 8 trips in total.  Thank goodness we had lots of company.
 
Once home I did manage to work on the next stitch for the pulled thread biscornu.

  4. Spaced Satin Variation

There are many variations to how satin stitches are grouped, arranged, and how many stitches are clustered together.  Each creating it's own unique look.


Click here for the Stitch diagram and instructions

No comments:

Post a Comment